Re: how to write a manpage

From: Scott Gifford (sgifford@tir.com)
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 21:18:55 PDT

    Unless you're interested in learning the intricacies of troff, by far
    the easiest way to get started with writing manpages is to use Perl's
    POD format, and then convert it to manpage format with pod2man. If
    you have Perl installed, see perlpod(1), pod2man(1), Pod::Man(3). You
    can probably find lots of examples by looking on the Web, or at your
    Perl distribution.

    -----ScottG.

    scc <fsanta@arrakis.es> writes:

    [ ... ]

    > If you do find out that there is a document somewhere
    > on how to write a man page, then could it include a section for
    > Linux beginners too? Or at least examples? And not too many 'see
    > also's'?

    [ ... ]