Re: Xsane - winsane? was Re: saned won't run under inetd

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 01:52:27 PDT

    On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 03:53:00PM +0000, Paul Nixon wrote:
    > Perhaps a dumb question, but could someone please tell me two things:
    >
    > 1) How do I compile only support for my target scanner instead of
    > everything. Edit configure.in or something?

    Edit backend/Makefile.in and remove the backends you don't want from
    PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS.

    > 2) How do I force a compile? Currently I have to erase the entire DIR
    > and then untar the source files, then modify them, then compile. This is
    > nuts and obviously not the way to go. However, I've tried deleting
    > config this and that without success. I don't see a -F flag for make so
    > what do I do?

    1) If you only want to compile one file: touch file.c; make
    2) If you want to compile all files: make clean; make
    3) If you changed something in a Makefile.in (e.g.
       PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS): make distclean; configure; make

    Bye,
      Henning