Re: Xsane - winsane? was Re: saned won't run under inetd

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 03:34:33 PDT

    On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 11:23:55AM -0700, Paul Nixon wrote:
    > Hopefully I'm on the right channel.

    Yes.

    > Anyway, I too have the problem with scanimage -L says there's a scanner
    > attached and I can scan an image, but xscanimage says no scanner attached.

    This may happen if scanimage and xscanimage use different backends
    libraries. Are you sure that you ahve only one SANE package installed?
    E.g. is there no /usr/lib/sane?

    Also check that there is no /usr/local/lib/sane in /etc/ld.so.conf.

    > I'm running Mandrake 7.2 with a 2.4.1 kernel, Acer 620UT USB scanner (this
    > used to work fine), Sane-1.0.4.

    I'm not sure if there is any connection because you have an USB
    scanner but also have a look at the SANE FAQ:

    http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljm/SANE-faq.html#65

    > I found a dll.conf and snapscan.conf under /usr/local/etc/sane.d and I've
    > checked them both. In the dll.conf file everything is now commented out
    > except snapscan. In snapscan.conf I added scsi Color and changed the
    > /dev/scanner to usb /dev/usb/scanner0. Should I change it to something else?

    If scanimage works that's probably not the problem. USe the debugging
    variables to search for the problem:

    SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 xscanimage

    Bye,
      Henning