Re: Snapscan 310 at Adaptec 1505 does not work

From: Ulrich Hopp (hopp@terminal-beach.de)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 01:51:23 PDT

    Hello,

    sorry , I can't say anything concerning the SnapScan, but I'm using a Adaptec
    AVA 1505 with a mustek scanner.

    > I cannot make my Agfa SnapScan 310 work with sane. I run SuSE 7.1
    > (kernel 2.4). The scanner is SCSI and is connected to the Adaptec AVA
    > 1505 it ships with.
    My combination only works with kernel 2.4.3 and a with the BUILD 102 of the
    mustek backend.

    It works with all BUILD versions of the mustek backend with kernel >= 2.2.16.
    Did you test your scanner with one of these kernels ?

    > Problem with sane: When saying "scanimage -d snapscan:/dev/sg0"
    > nothing happens. The only think I can do is to press control-C.
    > Other sane-based scanning programms don't work either.

    Are you sure, that your scanner is connected to /dev/sg0 ?
    What says the logfile after modprobe aha152x ?

    > - Initialized the card with pnpdump / isapnp. Worked:
    > Output of isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf (after setting up
    > isapnp.conf):
    [..]
    I don't need isapnp for my adapter.
     May be this helps you a little bit.