Re: ./configure xsane is failing?

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 03:05:39 PDT

    On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 02:55:50AM +0200, scc wrote:
    > The only bit we don't understand is the bit about the /etc/ld.so.conf. We
    > have never touched this file before. Where does it fit in?

    SANE installs libraries in /usr/local/lib (if the defaults aren't
    changed). Some Linux distributions don't look automatically for
    libraries in /usr/local/lib so the SANE libs aren't found. In this
    case you can either add the path to the libs (/usr/local/lib) to
    /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig or set the environment variable
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH when running a frontend.

    Bye,
      Henning