[dev] Contact addresses for SANE backends

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 06:54:05 PDT

    The sane-backends.html web page contains quite some backends without a
    link to a backend homepage or at least an email address. I had a
    discussion with Oliver Rauch about this topic and we both think that
    this should be changed.

    It would be nice if we find persons who can "adopt" a backend. That
    does not mean that you need to know the backend in question really
    well or that you would like to do programming. This just means that
    beginners can contact you and ask questions. Maybe someone who owns
    one of supported scanners or has some experience with sane in general.

    The following backends don't have a link currently:

    abaton: The link "http://aix2.uottawa.ca/~s1204672/sane/" is dead (404
                not found). Anyone with a working link? The author David
                Huggins-Daines doesn't seem to be active anymore. Anyone
                interested?
    agfafocus: No link. Karl Anders Øygard is marked as inactive. Anyone
                interested?
    apple: No link. Milon Firikis is marked as inactive. Anyone
                interested?
    dc210: No link. Brian J. Murrell is marked as inactive. Peter
                Fales, could you do this, as this backend is somewhat similar
                to dc240?
    dc240: No link. Peter Fales, could you enter your email address
                here?
    dll: No link. If nobody else is interested I can do this one.
    dmc: No link. David F. Skoll is marked as inactive. Anyone
                interested?
    lhii: The link ftp://www.cs.ubishops.ca/pub/lhii/ currently
                returns "User anonymous unknown" but this maybe temporary.
    m3096g: There is a link but I couln't find an email address there.
                Randolph Bentson, could you put a link to your email
                address somewhere on your web page?
    microtek2: No link. Karsten Festag, could we add your email or a web
                page?
    net: No link. Maybe Jochen Eisinger can do this?
    pint: No link. Gordon Matzigkeit is marked as inactive. Anyone
                interested?
    pnm: No link. If nobody else is interested I can do this one.
    qcam: No link. None of the authors is marked as active. Anyone
                interested?
    ricoh: No link. Feico W. Dillema is marked as inactive. Anyone
                interested?
    s9036: No link. Ingo Schneider is marked as inactive. Anyone
                interested?
    sp15c: See m3096g
    tamarack: No link. Roger Wolff is marked as inactive. Anyone
                interested?
    v4l: The link http://www.franken.de/users/solid/ is dead (403
                forbidden). Anyone knows the new location? Juergen G.
                Schimmer seems to be inactive. Anyone interested?

    Bye,
      Henning