Sane and ide-scsi

From: Brian R. Bainter (bbainter@alpenhaustrekking.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 09:52:16 PST

    I have a system with an Adaptec ISA SCSI adapter with a UMAX S-6E
    attached and I have two IDE CD-ROM's (one being a CD-RW). I am running
    RH 7.0. Has anyone had any success with getting regular SCSI drivers
    loaded while loading up the ide-scsi driver? This is becomming a major
    source of frustration. Am I better off getting a PCI SCSI adapter or
    will that make any difference? If there is a way to make this work, a
    detailed How-To would be appreciated.

    Brian Bainter