Acer 640U is not wrecked!

From: Shea Martin (snowsquirrel@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 09:57:45 PST

    After having the scanner working in windows I tried sane1.0.4 again. Same old problems.

    So, I built sane1.0.1 using the Snapscan usb patch, and manually editing scapscan.h to recognize the FlatbedScanner13. This is how I first got my scanner working many moons ago (before hd crash). Anyway the scanner seemed to work great!

    Then I tried again using 1.0.4, and the CVS files from snapscan.sourceforge.net, and it worked this time????? I tested again this morning and it still works. I don't know what I did different?

    Anyway, thank you Christian N, and Sebastion S. for you replies.
    >"...look into snapscan.c and uncomment the lines (in the
    routine sane_start)

        status = measure_transfer_rate(pss);
        CHECK_STATUS (status, me, "measure_transfer_rate");"
    Would it perform this check every time? Would it slow things down?

    >"There are a few lines in snapscan-source.c in the new snapscan which
    look like this:

    if(ps->pss->pdev->model == ACER300F
       ps->pss->pdev->model == SNAPSCAN310
       ps->

    ...could you try to add your model"
    Just add PRISA620S or whatever I have FlatbedScanner13 recognized as?

    I honestly don't think I will try these fixes unless the scanner goes buggy again, but I will save the email for reference if it does happen.

    --
    ...elbows out,
    stick on the ice!