Re: Problems with KYE ColorPage-HR5+DTC3181LE+Kernel 2.4.0

From: Douglas Gilbert (dgilbert@interlog.com)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 10:55:36 PST

    abel deuring wrote:

    > "Patricio Díaz G." wrote:
    > [snip]
    > >
    > > Do you think that when I could download the source code of SANE, and
    > > appling the patch you mentioned, can I make my scanner work?
    >
    > As I wrote above, I don't think that the RH version of Sane is affected
    > by this bug.

    Patricio and Abel,
    RedHat announced a beta of their 7.1 distro yesterday
    and I just downloaded their sane-1.0.3-10 source rpm
    and it contains the timeout elongation patch. It built
    and loaded on my RH 7.0 system ok. [Perhaps RH 7.1
    binary rpms will directly load into a RH 7.0 system
    as well.]

    You probably will see the problem if the sane rpm
    in a stock RH 7.0 distro is used with a kernel upgraded
    to lk 2.4.* .

    I hope SUSE (and other soon to be released lk 2.4 based
    distros) have got this patch ...

    Doug Gilbert