Re: Problems with KYE ColorPage-HR5+DTC3181LE+Kernel 2.4.0

From: abel deuring (a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 11:33:20 PST

    "Patricio Díaz G." wrote:

    > Please forgive me for not mentioning that I don´t have the source code
    > of SANE, I try to download it since a week ago but the server is allways
    > busy, (whell, at least that is what my Getright sais). I just installed the
    > SANE RPMs that comes with the standart distribution of RedHat Linux 7,
    > later I downloaded the Kernel, compiled and installed it separatelly.

    Assuming that the folks at Red Hat compiled Sane with an SG header file
    from a 2.2 kernel, the patch should not be necessary, because the
    affected part of the source is only compiled, if a 2.4 SG header file
    (to be precise a header for the SG driver version 3) is being used.

    > After several try outs, I discovered that when I press CTRL+C a few
    > seconds after scanimage runs I get this message:
    >
    > [root@patricio /]# scanimage -d umax:/dev/scanner >pat.pnm
    > scanimage: stopping scanner...
    > scanimage: sanei_scsi.c:1928: sanei_scsi_req_wait: La declaraci?n `req ==
    > ((fdparms*)fd_info[req->fd].pdata)->sane_qhead' no se cumple.
    > Abortado (core dumped)

    There is definetely somethin wrong, but this might be a second bug...
    Could you run

    export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255
    export SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=255
    scanimage -d umax:/dev/scanner >pat.pnm 2>logfile

    and post the logfile?

    Two more questions: Do you get any SCSI related error messages in
    /var/log/messages? And do the scanner and Sane run with a 2.2 kernel?

    > Do you think that when I could download the source code of SANE, and
    > appling the patch you mentioned, can I make my scanner work?

    As I wrote above, I don't think that the RH version of Sane is affected
    by this bug.

    Abel