On Wed Jan 03 2001, John Coppens wrote:
> After quite a few helpfull suggestions and a session with Lawrence
> (thanks!) I have the 1212U_2 working. First I thought there was somewhere a
> problem in the programs (in a way there still is...).
> The symptoms: works under xscanimage/xsane, in grayscale and line art but
>_NOT_ in color. In color mode, color 'banding' appears horizontally,
> evidently caused by something else... Why? Because scanimage (without the
> X), does work correctly, even in an Xterm.
> So, the problem seems to be in the GUI part of both xsane and xscanimage.
I'm trying out scanning under Linux for only a week or so, after I had
installed the new kernel 2.2.18 (with usb support implemented,
no backport needed).
With much help that I got by browsing this list I ended up in a state
quite similar to John's:
- scanimage works fine with my Agfa SnapScan 1212
- xscanimage/xsane give a preview looking somewhat shred when in color mode
- the scanning process (color) with xscanimage does't even finish, the
"progress indicator" seems to be frozen
- xsane does something like scanning with bad results similar to the preview
- xscanimage/xsane work fine in greyscale.
It may be interesting that the scanning module of STAROFFICE 5.2 recognizes
/dev/usbscanner and yields good scans in color.
My system setup:
- Caldera eDesktop 2.4 with Kernel 2.2.18 recompiled
- KDE 2.0.1
- Agfa Snapscan 1212U-2 with firmware of Jul 12 1999 uploaded by agfafirm
- sane 1.0.4
- latest snapscan backend from the site snapscan.sourceforge.net (with
snapscan.h slightly changed in line 104 to make the device string
"AGFA SNAPSCAN 1212U_2" recognized).
Any help would be appreciated
-- Source code, list archive, and docs: http://www.mostang.com/sane/ To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe sane-devel | mail firstname.lastname@example.org
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sat Jan 06 2001 - 10:35:18 PST