Re: SANE + i18n (?)

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 07:14:15 PST

    mh wrote:

    > Hi,
    > can someone tell me, whether there's anything planned to
    > improve internationalization in SANE?
    >
    > At the moment, there's only (?) saneopts.h, where some
    > strings are defined; but nearly every backend seems to use it's
    > own option descriptions, names, titles ... at least for some options.
    >
    > This, however, makes it a real pita for the one(namely me:) who tries to
    > supply a consistent translation for his frontend .
    >
    > Maybe the backend maintainers should be encouraged to supply a simple
    > textfile for their backends, which lists the strings that are visible to the
    > user?

    Hi Michael,

    I already tried the same thing one year ago but did not get any
    resonse to it.

    saneopts.h shall only include texts that are used by several backends.
    Additional texts have to be made public by the Backend maintainer.
    There are some files in xsane-0.*/backend-po including a german translation for the
    umax backend.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --