SANE + i18n (?)

From: mh (crapsite@gmx.net)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 10:24:24 PST

    can someone tell me, whether there's anything planned to
    improve internationalization in SANE?

    At the moment, there's only (?) saneopts.h, where some
    strings are defined; but nearly every backend seems to use it's
    own option descriptions, names, titles ... at least for some options.

    This, however, makes it a real pita for the one(namely me:) who tries to
    supply a consistent translation for his frontend .

    Maybe the backend maintainers should be encouraged to supply a simple
    textfile for their backends, which lists the strings that are visible to the
    user?

    Thanks
    Michael