Re: Building frozen pre-1.0.4

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Dec 23 2000 - 08:29:48 PST

    On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 06:49:26PM +0100, Paul Floyd wrote:
    > The problem was with the enable-warnings causing -ansi to be given, and
    > sigset_t isn't ansi.

    I see. I have just committed some changes to CVS:

    * Don't set -ansi in configure if os2.h is present. Is os2.h always
      present on OS/2 systems? Any better idea for testing if OS/2 ist
      present? Does it work now or is it necessary to remove "-pedantic"
      also?

    * Set PATH_MAX in include/sane/sanei_backend.h if not defined elsewhere.
      I chose this file instead of config.h because it's included after the
      system include files and won't make trouble when PATH_MAX is
      defined there. It works for me now (even if I remove PATH_MAX from
      the system header file).

    * Check for sys/shm.h in configure and set HAVE_SYS_SHM_H in config.in.
      This help backend authors (nec, sharp) to check for shm. It won't
      change the problems with these backends until the authors have added
      tests for shm.

    Could you test these changes? It can take up to an hour until they
    arrive at the anoncvs server.

    Bye,
      Henning