Re: Building frozen pre-1.0.4

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 14:52:38 PST

    On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 09:03:42PM +0100, Paul Floyd wrote:
    > > Maybe I didn't understand this but can't you use something like
    > > CFLAGS="-whatever -debugflag -necessary" ./configure"?
    >
    > I could, but it'd be nice (one day) to be able to do
    >
    > autoconf; configure; make; frontend/scanimage > test.pnm

    Yes, but usings variables seems easier for me than editing configure.
    The best solution is when everything works out-of-the-box.

    > As I said, they are #ifdefed out by default (though unfortunately, one
    > of the #ifdefs that controls the #define of USE_FORK and hence #include
    > <shm.h> also conditionally compiles a section of code with some of the
    > enum values from sharp.h).

    I think these problems can be fixed relatively easy (as mentioned in
    my other article).

    > The error is:
    >
    > sanei_scsi.c:2942: initializer element is not computable at load time
    > sanei_scsi.c:2942: (near initialization for `param[0].u')
    >
    > Perhaps this is a problem with the version of GCC I'm using.

    Probably. My gcc 2.95.2 compiles this part without errors. As this is
    OS/2-only code you may change this to something that works withouth
    thinking about other platforms.

    > In backend, the build only gets as far as agfafocus.c before falling
    > over due to a variable that's used and is not ansi.

    Where exactly (error message)?

    > I've already done quite a lot of that, and there's been (relatively)
    > lively discussion on the sane-os2 discussion list:
    >
    > http://paulf.free.fr/sane-os2.html and /software.html for links to
    > several binaries that I've compiled (in a rather amateurish way).

    Fine. After the release of 1.0.4 I will try to fix the PTHA_MAX thing
    and look for others. Can you use CVS on OS/2? You could get the
    current SANE version everytime in this case.

    Bye,
      Henning