SANE and OS/2 [was Building frozen pre-1.0.4]

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 04:48:34 PST

    Paul Floyd wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Tell me, is SANE supposed to
    > be cross platform or is it supposed to be Linux proprietary-style code?

    Hi Paul,

    the SANE sourcecode downloadable from ftp.mostang.com is developed for
    unix systems. Where it is possible without creating problems for the
    unix code we try to include changes for OS/2 if we get to know them.
    The main interest is and will be a code for unix.

    The sane sourcecode never compiled on OS/2 without a lot of changes.

    I hope we can keep the number of changes small and may be one
    day we have ONE sourcecode that does compile on all systems.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch