v4l support.

From: Adam K Kirchhoff (adamk@voicenet.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 18:58:39 PST

    First, thanks for all the work everyone has put into SANE and the v4l
    support in particular.

    I was looking for a GIMP plugin for v4l when someone suggested I take a
    look at the Sane project since he knew it now includes v4l support and
    xscanimage can act as a gimp plugin. This appears to be exactly what I
    need, with one slight problem... The image that's "scanned" is quite
    corrupted. I seem to be getting three of the same images interlaced in an
    odd fashion. At first it looked like it was using an odd TV norm (PAL,
    SECAM, etc.) but after firing up xawtv and trying to use different TV
    norms I can't get the same corruption. Does anyone have an idea what the
    problem might be?

    Adam Kirchhoff