Re: Hello--new user interested in sane backend programming..

From: Sebastien Sable (sebastien.sable@gmx.net)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 06:08:55 PST

    > what would be the best way to approach this? I had the intention to
    > hook the scanner up to a dual parallel port card and just write a
    > little debug program to pass through all information from one to the
    > other and back again, recording the information as it comes through.
    >
    > but now i've been reading some sane-devel archives and i see that some
    > people are running their software in Wine and running some sort of
    > debugging process on it.
    >
    > any tips?

    I used wine to debug my scanner. I don't know how the parallel port system
    works with win32, but in the case of SCSI, it was rather efficient. You
    would not have to hack with a dual parallel card, just modify a little bit the
    parallel driver in wine to dump everything to a file.
    If you can have your scanner driver to work with wine, it's all good.

    --
    Sébastien Sablé