Re: Hello--new user interested in sane backend programming..

From: Russ Burdick (grub@extrapolation.net)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 19:07:53 PST

    On Tue, 21 Nov 2000 sanedevel@sudog.com wrote:

    > hey guys. i'm a new user :) interested in making an attempt at reverse
    > engineering the parallel port protocol for my AcerScan 320P. I've made
    > numerous attempts at getting some documentation out of Acer for just
    > such a purpose; doesn't look like those attempts are bearing fruit.

    i'm not quite up on the acer parallel scanners, but i know that most of
    the acer scsi scanners will work with the snapscan backend (latest version
    available from http://sourceforge.net/projects/snapscan/) and sane 1.0.3
    (i've got a 310s and it's working great). i think i recall specific
    mention of the parallel acer scanners recently so you might also take a
    look at the list archives. for additional reference, most of the messages
    have '[snapscan]' in the subject. hope that helps.

    Russ