Re: Hello--new user interested in sane backend programming..

From: Russ Burdick (grub@extrapolation.net)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 06:27:09 PST

    On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Sebastien Sable wrote:

    > I used wine to debug my scanner. I don't know how the parallel port system
    > works with win32, but in the case of SCSI, it was rather efficient. You
    > would not have to hack with a dual parallel card, just modify a little bit the
    > parallel driver in wine to dump everything to a file.
    > If you can have your scanner driver to work with wine, it's all good.

    just thought of something that may be beneficial here. i'm also on the
    gPhoto list and there has been discussion the last couple days about
    Portmon (http://www.sysinternals.com/portmon.htm), a win9x/nt program to
    monitor serial and parallel activity. it came highly recommended there so
    perhaps you can use it to look at the parallel io and figure out whats
    happening with your scanner.

    Russ