Re: Problem with scan quality using UMAX Astra 1220S

From: Rod Pike (rodneyp@utanet.at)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 15:34:12 PST

    On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 10:36:16PM +0100, Oliver Rauch wrote:
    > Rod Pike wrote:
    >
    > > I get clean scans if I use Windows or another machine. I get dirty scans if I
    > > use sane on this particular machine.
    >
    > Hi Rod,
    >
    > please can you give some more information about the machines:
    > - Processor, Clock (Overclocked?)

    I never overclock, my life with computers is enough for me without adding to the complexity.

    > - RAM-Size
    > - Linux kernel version

    In both computers kernel-2.2.14-5.0

    > - sg driver version if it did not come with the kernel

    Whatever sg driver came with kernel. I don't know the version.

    > - do you have ide2scsi emulation enabled?

    I have no idea about ide2scsi emulation. I'm not compiling my own kernel here
    so it's configured however RH6.2 ships it.

    That's it for the common info between for the two machines.

    The computer that is giving problems is as follows
    AMD-K6-2 550 ( 550 MHz )
    128M RAM

    The computer that is giving a cleaner scan is as follows
    AMD-K6-2 333 ( 333 MHz )
    64M RAM

    Cheers,

    --