Re: [snapscan] Core testing group

From: Werner Kolbeck (WJKolbeck@t-online.de)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 11:22:46 PST

    maybe there was some misunderstanding (I know my English is not the
    best), so I will try again:

    On Fre, 03 Nov 2000 Sebastien Sable wrote:
    > someone reported recently that this model works fine with sane-1.0.3
    > and new snapscan. Indeed I can't see any reason why the new backend
    > would work with sane-1.0.2 and not with sane-1.0.3. It looks more like

    OK, in the meantime I have to be more precise:
    1.0.3 does not work with resolutions > 150 dpi.
    First I only tried with 300 dpi, because this works with 1.0.2
    Here is what 'cat /proc/scsi/scsi' says about my scanner:

    Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
      Vendor: AGFA Model: SNAPSCAN 310 Rev: 1.20
      Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 02

    > > I have to use also an older version (from kernel-sources < 2.2.5) of
    > > sg.o to get the scanner work.
    >
    > I can't see why you would have to change scsi modules between
    > sane-1.0.2 and sane-1.0.3. Could you explain what you mean by "I
    > have"?

    I did not change the modules between the versions. My scanner works
    only with the older sg-module.

    > > (see SuSE-Support-Database, keyword: snapscan).
    >
    > Wow, SuSE-Support-Database. That sounds great! I wish I had a SuSE so

    Sorry, I thought that
    http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/index.html
    is a well known URL for informations about linux.

    Bye

    Werner