Re: sane-config

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 21:49:54 PST

    [Oliver Rauch]
    > it looks like ld (=ld-linux?) is already linked to libsane-dll,

    the dynamic linker is not the same as -ldl. (On my installation
    libsane-dll.so is linked with libdl, and things should work as
    expected.)

    > I think that if the required libs are linked to the sane backends it
    > should be enough if a frontend links against libsane.

    I believe you are right. Is this the case?

    > So if a backend needs a jpeg library, the library has to be linked
    > to the backend lib not to the frontend.

    Yes, but is this the case at the moment? Is there an easy way to
    implement this. At the moment, I believe all backends are linked with
    the same libraries. The makefiles and configure scripts need to be
    fixed to have it any other way.

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no