Re: #include <sane...> instead of "sane..."

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 21:42:24 PST

    [Oliver Rauch]
    > As far as I know it is not defined in which order the directories
    > specified with "-I" and the system include directories are searched.
    > (I know some users had problems because of that).

    Eh, I am pretty sure they are searched in the order they are specified
    on the command line. A simple test shows this to be true on Linux /
    GCC at least. I believe this to be true for all Unix C compilers, and
    probably all sensible C compilers. Where did users have problems
    because of another include search order?

    I suggest making sure "-I../include/sane " is the first -I statement
    when compiling, and leave it at that.

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no