Re: [snapscan] Testing Agfa 1212U

From: Sébastien Sablé (sebastien.sable@gmx.net)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 17:23:55 PST

    Timothy Little <tim@lilly-villa.little-possums.net> writes:

    > With the older sane-1.0.3 with hand-applied usb patches, I had it
    > working with ID string "SNAPSCAN 1212U" and model enum
    > "SNAPSCAN1236S". It scanned at 600dpi OK. So -- my summary:

    Sorry, it's my fault: I forgot to mention that users of an USB model
    have to edit snapscan-usb.h and uncomment those lines:

    /*
    #define USE_USB_SUPPORT
    */

    Snapscan 1236S has been reported not to work, so I made modifications
    for it to work (but I didn't have any feedback yet). Since your model
    was working before, I created a SNAPSCAN1212U string and changed it to
    behave like the SNAPSCAN1236S used to do.
    The version corresponding to this is snapscan-01112000.tar.gz at
    http://download.sourceforge.net/snapscan

    So I think your model must be something like:

    Agfa 1212U
    SNAPSCAN 1212U
    Work (to be confirmed)
    600dpi
    SNAPSCAN600P (it means that it can go up to 600dpi, it has a buffer of
    128Ko and there is no need to use blocking mode - I will try to only
    keep 3 kinds of descriptions for scanner; I'll do this as soon as we
    will know what is the current state for each scanner)

    Thanks for your feedback.

    --
    Sébastien Sablé
    sebastien.sable@gmx.net