Re: [SnapScan] Core testing group

From: Sebastien Sable (sebastien.sable@gmx.net)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 08:25:41 PDT

    cbagwell@sprynet.com writes:

    > Is the snapscan driver being actively mantained by someone? If I
    > submit patches can we get them into CVS? I'd be happy to set up a
    > web page to cordinate our patches and perhaps the SCSI/USB dumps
    > from windows if people think it would be useful.

    We're trying to make a small group of people to maintain it, even if
    it's a difficult task given the lack of documentation.

    I had the same idea to make a web page. Maybe the best solution would
    be to create a snapscan account on SourceForge and to give the
    password to each member of this small testing group.

    I never worked with SourceForge, but if it works ok, it will give us a
    web page where everybody has the opportunity to report the status with
    each scanner and a small cvs so everybody can modify the code easily
    and then, when the changes have been tested by everybody, they can be
    submited to the official sane CVS (by Steve may be?).
    And if a maintainer disappears (like charter) at least the others will
    still have the password to modify the web page and to continue the
    work.

    There is a lot of web pages around the web talking about snapscan
    backend, doing a collective one always up to date would be a good
    thing in my opinion.

    --
    Sébastien Sablé
    sebastien.sable@gmx.net