Re: [SnapScan] color problem 300dpi

From: Steve Underwood (steveu@coppice.org)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 07:09:38 PDT

    Sebastien Sable wrote:

    > I do realize that it's difficult to maintain a backend when you don't
    > have a documentation and/or different scanners (indeed, i had to
    > compare each scsi command between the win driver and sane's one to
    > find my little bug, so it would not have been possible for someone
    > without this model). And I really appreciate what you and others
    > before have done to make snapscan backend work with each model.
    >
    > I will try to investigate the EAGAIN bug by my side and make useful
    > bug reports ;)
    > If you have any suggestion or want to try something, don't hesitate to
    > contact me; I have quite a good knowledge of the code with all I tried
    > to make it work.

    We seem to have received a few useful fixes for the SnapScan backend on this
    list recently. Are they making it in to CVS? Is someone needed to coordinate
    these fixes into a coherent, released whole? If certainly don't mind doing that
    much, even if I am reluctant to become maintainer of things I am unable to test.

    Regards,
    Steve