Re: Mustek 600IICD DTC3181E or 53c810

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 11:12:42 PDT

    On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 07:03:15PM +0200, Dario Abatianni wrote:
    > > Could you please send the output (dbg.log) of
    >
    > On the way to your private email address.

    Thank you. Looks like plain SANE 1.0.2.

    [USLEEP]
    > I tried but got the same result. I put a comment block around the USLEEP
    > portion and did a "make modules" "make modules_install". I saw, that the
    > module was compiled again. Then I rebooted the machine to make sure and tried
    > another scan. It was no difference.

    Your computer should be blocked now while scanning, is this true?

    > Maybe I should get a new source tree, then? How do I adjust the amount of
    > memory?

    With 1.0.3 and a fairly recent kernel (I think >2.2.5) an entry in
    mustek.conf (blocksize) will bne enough. See man sane-mustek for details.

    > I remembered buying the cable cost me about 80 DM (40 EUR) and I was shocked
    > by the prices for SCSI equipment ever since :)

    The price for a simple SCSI-2 50 pin cable can vary between about 9 and 40
    Euros here. This depends on the store where you look for SCSI equipment
    (it's not the different quality, It's the same cable!).

    > > termination on SCSI adapter). With only one device I never needed a
    > > terminator with a NCR810 clone.
    >
    > Nope, didn't work either. The cable is roughly 170 cm long, I suppose this
    > should be ok.

    I'm using shorter cables so this might be the reason for the difference.

    Bye,
      Henning