Canoscan FB620S

From: Mitsuru Okaniw (m-okaniwa@bea.hi-ho.ne.jp)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 07:03:08 PDT

    I am Japanese using CanoscanFB620S.
    I tried xscanimage of sane by CanoscanFB620S, but it was
    impossible.
    The scanimage is the diagonal stripes against black.
    The body of CanoscanFB620S is thinner than Canoscan600.
    So, the distance of refraction in the FB620S's body is shorter
    than 600. And I think that the driver for 600 makes many
    diagonal images(Canoscan600 is supported by sane).
    I will try to adjust the xscanimage on C-code level.
    Of course, I will find a good result by many trial
    and error. Maybe, I will not find it. But, I will try.
    If anybody knows the part of xscanimage.c or preview.c or
    canon-scsi.c or canon-sane.c with taking in the scanned image
    from scsi device, please teach me the part of C-code.