SANE on Linux/x86

From: Ivo (death@metalfield.com)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 09:46:22 PDT

    I'm running Linux/x86 kernel 2.2.17 and I've got a ScanMagic 9636S scanner.
    This scanner is said to be supported by the Mustek back-end.

    I guess the following issue is not 100% SANE related; sorry for that. But since
    I do not really have anything else to turn to and this must be something that
    any of you must know about, I'll ask this list anyway.

    I'm supposed to get the ISA card that provides the SCSI interface to be
    detected by Linux. I think the SCSI card is a DMX318X ISA SCSI card (I got this
    from a diagnostics tool under Windows *shame*) but I could not find a SCSI
    driver for this exact model. I have no idea what driver to include. My guess
    is, though, that somebody must've got this scanner to work under Linux somehow
    (Linux being THE developer's OS ;)) and I'm curious how. Please do tell.

    Ivo