Re: SnapScan Backend

From: Russ Burdick (grub@extrapolation.net)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 09:03:57 PDT

    On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Steve Underwood wrote:

    > Please try the latest snapscan backend in sane 1.0.3, and tell me what
    > happens. I believe some versions of the backend have worked for the
    > 310S. However, the code underwent major surgery last autumn, just
    > before the maintainer evaporated from the face of the Earth. I don't
    > know if the very old version, or the somewhat newer version worked.

    i've been on the list for quite some time, so i'd tried out everything
    that the previous maintaner had and i've tried the new backend you'd
    released in the fall with pretty much the same results. i'll have to grab
    a copy of 1.0.3 and see how it works and let you know.

    > I'm prepared to put some effort into fixing things, but I have had
    > rather erratic feedback about problems so far.

    just before the previous maintainer disappeared i was talking with him
    about this and had emailed him a bunch of debugging output as well as some
    sample images taken at different settings as per his request. a while back
    when i tried out the updated version i posted some feedback here and some
    image samples online, but we werent able to find a solution to what i was
    experiencing. i'd be more than happy to do this again and help out however
    i can.

    i'll try and grab 1.0.3 and do some testing this weekend and post the
    results here. thanks for continuing to work on this backend. let me know
    if there's anything else that i can help with.

    Russ