Re: epson 1200photo survey + freezing on certain conditions

From: Shrijeet Mukherjee (shm@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 13:22:23 PDT

    On 9 Sep 2000, Milan Zamazal wrote:

    MZ> MZ> 2) The significant one is that in most cases (but not always)
    MZ> MZ> scanimage, the driver and the scanner all freeze during scan at
    MZ> MZ> higher resolutions.
    MZ>
    MZ>Just for track: This is a USB problem. I've fixed it in some
    MZ>way--perhaps not the right one, but it works for me. (And yes, a bug
    MZ>report to the usb/scanner.c maintainer has been sent.)

    So you know if this a 1998-1999 machine with an Intel 82371E
    (PIIX4-E) integrated USB controller .. if so, this is a known hardware
    issue with some of the early silicon.

    Just in the 0.1% case that it helps ;-)

    Shrijeet Mukherjee,    		        Advanced Graphics, SGI
    http://reality.sgi.com/shm_engr     	phone: 650-933-5312
    email: shm@sgi.com, shrijeet@hotmail.com