Re: image defaults

From: Johan Bengtsson (johanb@lls.se)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 06:41:17 PDT

    Den Thu, 07 Sep 2000 skrev du:
    > > In gimp, "Scale" changes the size of the image by scaling the picture, and
    > > "Resize" changes the size of the image by clipping or padding.
    >
    > johanb@lls.se said:
    > > Sorry, but that is not correct. Resize just changes the size of the
    > > image, and scale also changes size, but tries to to it without losing
    > > image quality
    >
    > Isn't that what I said? I didn't name the scaling algorithm, but it
    > clearly interpolates when scaling. Resizing just changes the dimensions
    > of the image. If the original is bigger, pixels are clipped of, and
    > if the original is smaller, transparent pixels are added.

    AFAIK Resize just changes the size of the canvas, there is no "clipping or
    padding". But I'm certainly not an expert in this field...;-)

    -Johan B.

    > --
    > Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    > steve@icarus.com But I have promises to keep,
    > steve@picturel.com and lines to code before I sleep,
    > http://www.picturel.com And lines to code before I sleep."

                           Tent Of Miracles
        - the unofficial homepage of the legendary band Spirit:
                   http://www.lls.se/~johanb/spirit/
               August - free html editor for Unix/Linux:
                   http://www.lls.se/~johanb/august/
             E-mail @ home: johanb@lls.se    ICQ: 27505976
                    Fotografiska Föreningen i Göteborg:
                        http://www.netg.se/ffg/