I/O error ?

From: William H Bouterse (bill@bouterse.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 10:08:54 PDT

    Using sane-1.0.2-3mdk and xsane-0.60-1mdk on
    Linux-Mandrake 7.1/Cooker with ancient but reliable
    Microtek ScanMaker E3 and SymBios PCI Card.

    I get the Microtek recognized by everyone;
    L-M, SANE, XSANE etc. However upon starting
    "preview" or "start Scan" I get an I/O error.
    The Scanner has a terminator and is an older scsi 1 or 2.
    The PCI card is scsi 3 and has internal "burner" attached.

    Everything gets recognized nicely.

    SANE the E3 and an older default 1502A card have
    worked flawlessly for years.

    Next direction to take?
    (Other than reverting to the older card? :) )

    William Bouterse
    Talkeetna Alaska