Re: TODO for 1.0.3

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 21:04:00 PDT

    [Jochen Eisinger]
    > I wanted to suggest to add the mustek_pp backend to the next SANE
    > release. The backend works fine for a couple of scanners (thanks to
    > Henning Meier-Geinitz I have seven scanners here for testing) and it
    > passes the "scanimage -T" test with and without net backend. The
    > backend has a man-page and a .desc file with the interface tag...

    Sounds good. I guess the only think to check then is to make sure it
    follows the rest of the guidelines given in backend/GUIDE. Where is
    it, by the way. URL?

    > What about my patches for the SANED? Did someone test them?

    I had a look, but I do not have a test setup to test if it actually
    works. I'm not a fan of global flags, but I guess any fix is better
    then no fix. The real problem is my lack of test environment. I do
    not like to commit changes I have not tested myself. Perhaps someone
    with a working scanner could give it a try.

    > Will they be included into the next release? Perhaps we should find
    > a maintainer for the net-backend/saned, I think they are full of
    > bugs...

    We should definitely find a maintainer for the net backend and saned.
    Wait - I think I spotted a volunteer... Jochen, Would you like to be
    the maintainer of saned and the net backend? :-)

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no