Re: New Interface sanei_pa4s2...

From: Paulo Abreu (paulotex@geocities.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 08:51:19 PDT

    Jochen Eisinger said at ÒNew Interface sanei_pa4s2...Ó.
    [04/06/2000 18:13]

    > Hi!
    >
    > I've written a nice little interface for the Mustek parallel port
    > chipset A4S2... sadly, this isn't a working backend, just the hardware
    > functions to access the registers of the scanner.
    >
    > There is already a backend for this chipset, which implements all these
    > functions. However, Petter Reinholdtsen said, it would be better, if the
    > hardware handling code would be in a SANE interface (like sanei_pio,
    > sanei_ab306).
    >
    > In addition to this, the interface also recognizes the ASIC-ID 1505, so
    > the developer of a backend for this chipset can hopefully use this
    > interface.
    >
    > I've attached the source (sanei_pa4s2.c, sanei_pa4s2.h), a little
    > README.pa4s2 and a program a4s2.c which demonstrates the use of the
    > interface.

    I had to edit sanei/Makefile.in by hand do so that
    ./configure
    make make install
    worked.

    Perhaps you could add this to the README...

    Thanks, its almost looked like my 1505 was working ;-) Its going to be a
    nice tool for testing and developing.

    Paulo