Re: call for testers of usb device driver

From: Barbara Koenig (koenigb@informatik.tu-muenchen.de)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 08:09:31 PDT

    Barbara Koenig <koenigb@informatik.tu-muenchen.de> writes:

    > > John and I are now able to present an alpha version of the driver for
    > > Microtek USB scanners. Have a look at
    > > http://fachschaft.cup.uni-muenchen.de/~neukum/scanner.html
    > > We'd be grateful for any results.
    >
    > ich habe auch einen Microtek X6 USB und wuerde gerne alpha-testen.
    > Aber bevor ich alles zu mir nach Hause ziehe und installiere, habe ich
    > noch eine Frage: welchen Kernel brauche ich? Reicht der 2.2.14 mit
    > USB-Patch (der laeuft im Moment auf meinem Rechner), oder soll ich den
    > 2.3.99 nehmen?

    Uh uh, I am sorry for this mail, I did not intend to send it to the
    mailing list but back to the original sender. I did not realize that
    the Reply-To was set to sane-devel. I should really learn to look
    into the To-header before sending a mail.

    My question was whether to use the 2.2.14 kernel (with USB backport)
    or the 2.3.99 kernel, in order to apply the patch for the Microtek USB
    scanner.

    Again, sorry!

    Barbara