SYM22801 & HP Scanjet 5P Sane problems...

From: Rogier Stam (rogier@wight.penguinpowered.com)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 12:11:55 PST

    Has anybody seen this problem before ? I have been trying to get the
    Symbios Logic 22801 Dual channel controller with the HP Scanjet 5P on
    channel 0 to work. All I get when I start xscanimage or scanimage is
    that I got a Segmentation Fault. When I look during boot time I can see
    that the kernel can find the Scanner, as can the find-scanner tool and
    the hpinq tool. I also get a target did not report SYNC message in my
    /var/log/messages file.

    I'm using kernel 2.2.13, but the problem also occurs on 2.2.14, 2.2.3,
    2.2.5 and 2.2.9 so I don't think that's the problem. Should it help, the
    linux distribution I'm using is Slackware 7.0. I'm currently using sane
    v1.02, but the problem also occurs on sane v1.01. I'm currently using
    the Symbios SCSI driver, but the problem also occurs when using the
    NCR8XX SCSI driver in the kernel.

    I've checked cable lengths and termination, and it should not cause any
    problems.....

    I hope you can help me.

    Regards,

    Rogier Stam