Re: ldconfig screws up my installation

From: Ralph Angenendt (ralph@strg-alt-entf.org)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 10:14:37 PST

    On Mon, Mär 20, 2000 at 09:35:52 +0100, Oliver Rauch wrote:
    > Ralph Angenendt wrote:
    > > > I can not imagine why ldconfig should set a link?!
    > >
    > > Me neither - but it does.
    > >
    > > > What is your system?
    > >
    > > Debian 2.1 Slink on i386.
    >
    > I Ralph,
    >
    > I see, the link is in the subdir "sane" and not in /usr/local/lib.
    > in fact this is the same on my system. But that should not make any problems.
    > If it does make problems, remove the subdir "sane" from /etc/ld.so.conf, it is not needed for sane-1.0.2

    Arrglh. It was something completely different (having to do with a
    suddenly defective SCSI-card). Yes, sane-1.0.2 does work - even though
    this link-behaviour ist strange. So there were two completely
    unrelated things coming together - and I didn't expect my card to
    break overnight.

    Thanks anyway,

    Ralph

    --
    A camel is a horse designed by a committee. Or at least it looks
    like one.