TWAIN on Unix ?

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 22:20:22 PST

    I've been watching the unix ODBC drivers currently being developed,
    and keep woundering if it would be a good idea to adapt the TWAIN API
    as the high level API for scanners on UNIX.

    We would only need to implement one TWAIN driver - the SANE driver,
    and a TWAIN API library to use this.

    I guess if we write the TWAIN driver using a cross-platform GUI
    library, we could use the same driver on Unix and Windows - making the
    SANE devices available on Windows as well. :-)

    Any ideas? Is there anyone on this list with TWAIN experience? Are
    there any example programs using the TWAIN API available?

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen <##    | pere@td.org.uit.no
     O-  <SCRIPT Language="Javascript">window.close()</SCRIPT>