Re: TWAIN on Unix ?

From: Stephen Williams (steve@icarus.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 09:32:54 PST

    pere@hungry.com said:
    > I guess if we write the TWAIN driver using a cross-platform GUI
    > library, we could use the same driver on Unix and Windows - making the
    > SANE devices available on Windows as well. :-)

    SANE would need to support a whole bunch of new image formats, for that
    to work well. TWAIN supports things like compressed image data from the
    scanner, and boy do I wish SANE did, too.

    steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
    steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,