Re: Which backends do work with xsane

From: Hermang (herman_blues@geocities.com)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 20:50:46 PST

    Hello,

    I want to know if Artec 4831 (parallel port model) is supported by
    the Sane-Artec backend.
    Apparently it is a enhanced version of Artec 4830 but I am not sure.
    Some part of the documentation say that both use the same ASIC
    chip Controller and the only difference is the amount of FIFO buffer, but
    other part implies that they use different ASICs chips.
    thanks for your attention.

    bye,

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Chris Pinkham wrote:

    > > I would like to know which backends(with version) do work (or not) with
    > > xsane(with version).
    >
    > sane-artec works last time I tried it (xsane-0.46 or so).
    >
    > Chris

    Hermang Mansilla M.
    hh_mm@yahoo.com
    herman_blues@geocities.com
    hmansilla@usa.net
    "Linux, the choice of a GNU Generation ...
    because life is too short to compute on anything else."
    "May the Open Source be with you ..."