Re: Lineart, xsane, and microtek backend

From: Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 15:56:34 PST

    Hi

    On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 05:29:34PM -0500, genkin@canada.com wrote:
    > Using sane-1.0.1 and xsane 0.50, it seems like my scanner doesn't
    > support line-art mode. I'm a bit confused, because the scanner that I
    > have now I got as an exchange for identical scanner that broke
    > down. (Microtek Scanmaker X6) Well, it seems to me that the first X6
    > that I had was able to scan into line-art.
    >
    > The scanner I have now has a different (newer) firmware: the old one
    > was 1.0, while this one is 1.5.
    >
    > Is this feature scanner-dependant, backend-dependant, or
    > some-library-dependant?

    It is FW dependant. X6s with FW version of 1.40 or above do not directly
    support the lineart mode. You will have to download a newer version of
    the backend from ftp://ftp.muc.de/people/bernds/mtek2 .
    The newer versions of the backend perform a grayscale scan if lineart mode
    is not supported and map the colour values to 0 or 1 according to the
    threshold value.

    Bernd

    --
    Bernd Schroeder