RE: Artec 4831 parallel port scanner

From: Chris Pinkham (cpinkham@infi.net)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 10:34:32 PST

    Herman,

    Did you ever try the command-line program available on my webpage to see if
    it might possibly work with your parallel port scanner? There is now also
    a guy working on another driver for the Artec AS6E that might work with
    your scanner.

    http://as6edriver.sourceforge.net

    I believe he says his code is a bit more functional than the code that was
    sent to me so I could post it on my webpage.

    Also, did you ever email Artec/Ultima about documentation for this scanner
    model? Did you hear back from them?

    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to know if Artec 4831 (parallel port model) is supported by
    > the Sane-Artec backend.
    > Apparently it is a enhanced version of Artec 4830 but I am not sure.
    > Some part of the documentation say that both use the same ASIC
    > chip Controller and the only difference is the amount of FIFO buffer, but
    > other part implies that they use different ASICs chips.
    > thanks for your attention.
    >
    > bye,

    Chris