Lineart, xsane, and microtek backend

From: genkin@canada.com
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 14:29:34 PST

    Using sane-1.0.1 and xsane 0.50, it seems like my scanner doesn't
    support line-art mode. I'm a bit confused, because the scanner that I
    have now I got as an exchange for identical scanner that broke
    down. (Microtek Scanmaker X6) Well, it seems to me that the first X6
    that I had was able to scan into line-art.

    The scanner I have now has a different (newer) firmware: the old one
    was 1.0, while this one is 1.5.

    Is this feature scanner-dependant, backend-dependant, or
    some-library-dependant?

    Is there anyone else with a microtek X6 out there?

    Thanks!

    --
    Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
    "'What good is my pity? Is not the pity the cross upon which he who