language versions

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 02:58:36 PST

    is someone interested in writing translation files for his native language for xsane?
    We already have: english, german, french and czech.

    It is very easy to do that, we have empty files with entries like that:
        #original text: "setup"
        msgid WINDOW_SETUP
        msgstr ""

    You copy that file to your language(xx) file:
        cp newlanguage.po.in xx.po.in

    Then you simply add the translation to the empty msgstr:
        #original text: "setup"
        msgid WINDOW_SETUP
        msgstr "Konfiguration"

    if that is done for all entries,
    you call
        po.in2po xx
        make

    and as root
        make install

    thats it.

    What I need to include it into xsane is "xx.po.in"

    I am also looking for someone who creates translation files
    for the existing backends. in xsane-*/backend-po there
    is a general empty translation file that includes some texts
    that are used by most of the backends.
    The system is the same as for xsane.
    There already is a german translation file for the umax backend.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch