Re: Which backends do work with xsane

From: Jörg Zieting (jzgeiball@berlin.snafu.de)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 19:43:50 PST

    Oliver Rauch wrote:

    > snapscan: working but some problems(resolution)
    >
    > what about the rest: ?
    > abaton
    > agfafocus
    > apple
    > canon
    > coolscan
    > dc210
    > dmc
    > ricoh
    > s9036
    > tamarack

    Hello,

    I've got a Tamarack ArtiScan 8000c.
    It is working with an Tekram DC390/AM53C974
    scsi-controller
    on a Suse6.3 System with kernel 2.3.35 for about three
    weeks until now.

    Having installed xsane only a week ago, it seems to
    work quite well, but I don't have too much experiences
    with scanners - it is my first.
    I'll report more as soon as I have done some more work
    with it.
    xsane --version says:

    xsane-0.40, package "xsane-0.40", SANE-1.0, with GIMP
    support, compiled with GIMP-1.1.11

    I would like to say thanks to all developers who try to
    support even such oldfashioned devices like mine. I
    didn't have any hope to get this old scanner running
    again - since it was already "resting" down in the
    cellar.

    Jörg Zieting
    Berlin,Germany