Re: language versions

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 08:35:00 PST

    Mentore #cat# Siesto wrote:

    > On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Oliver Rauch wrote:
    >
    > +Hi,
    > +
    > +is someone interested in writing translation files for his native language for xsane?
    > +We already have: english, german, french and czech.
    > +
    > +It is very easy to do that, we have empty files with entries like that:
    > + #original text: "setup"
    > + msgid WINDOW_SETUP
    > + msgstr ""
    > +
    > +You copy that file to your language(xx) file:
    > + cp newlanguage.po.in xx.po.in
    > +
    > +Then you simply add the translation to the empty msgstr:
    > + #original text: "setup"
    > + msgid WINDOW_SETUP
    > + msgstr "Konfiguration"
    > +
    > +if that is done for all entries,
    > +you call
    > + po.in2po xx
    > + make
    > +
    > +and as root
    > + make install
    > +
    > +thats it.
    > +
    > +What I need to include it into xsane is "xx.po.in"
    > +
    > +I am also looking for someone who creates translation files
    > +for the existing backends. in xsane-*/backend-po there
    > +is a general empty translation file that includes some texts
    > +that are used by most of the backends.
    > +The system is the same as for xsane.
    > +There already is a german translation file for the umax backend.
    > +
    > If it's not too difficult, and you aren't in a hurry (sorry, but I have so
    > many things to do...) I can translate in Italian everything. The only
    > thing I need is the latest xsane distribution, because I don't have web
    > access to your page. Is it possible to download it via FTP?

    Hi,

    yes, try: ftp://ftp.mostang.com/sane/xsane

    here are some entries that you should add (updated in xsane-0.52 that is not
    pulbished yet)
    bye
    Oliver

    ------------------------------
    add this to newlanguage.po.in:

    #original text: "Image-file permissions"
    msgid TEXT_SETUP_IMAGE_PERMISSION
    msgstr ""

    #original text: "Directory permissions"
    msgid TEXT_SETUP_DIR_PERMISSION