open source OCR; anyone want it?

From: Eric Anderholm (eja@altavista.net)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 08:01:28 PST

    Greetings:

    I have a functional machine print ocr engine I have built and am
    wondering if it would be worth while to open source it and release it to

    the net. It is not a "single font" trained engine but can do multiple
    fonts and proportional and is completely trained.

    Before I go to any trouble of packaging it up with a good auto
    configure script I was wondering if any one is interested in it and more

    importantly if anyone wants to work on the back end of it. That is the
    n-gram dictionary lookup.

    If your interested in it, and/or may be interested on working on the
    back end please email eja@altavista.net.

    regards,

    eric