Re: To Kevin Charter (SnapScan Backend)

From: Michael Wein (tina.micha@rz-online.de)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 11:44:39 PST

    hi
    i got a snapscan 310 about two years ago and used windwos for not quite
    two years with fotolook2.09. provided that there is some follower to
    that twain-compliant sw (i think that will be, for the sn600 of my bro
    in law,
    bought a year ago had fotolook too). fotolook is quite fast and has lots
    of options for calibrating the scanner. compared to the tools for two
    hp-scanners i had the trouble to work with, it was great.
    the manuals delivered with my agfa was quite valuable. the ulead-tool
    packed
    with the scanner was ok, but hung up frequently, especially when
    printing.
    for scanning only, you won't need it, fotolook does the job

    michael wein